The A/P Accountant will be responsible for assigned accounts payable, returned checks and other bank account related assignments. Must be highly motivated and have the ability to multitask. Must also perform all duties in accordance with all company guidelines and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Accounts payable invoices assigned and associated processes
- Returned checks
- Review scan and distribute accounting department mail
- Print checks when needed
- Process certified checks when necessary (pick up checks at bank)
- Prepare assigned reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Write P&P as needed
- Maintain required training
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; or five years mortgage experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications needed
- Experience: A minimum of 1 years’ experience or a combination of the following:
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and requests clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication -Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Oracle NetSuite Experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Servicing Director experience preferred
- ICHRA medical reimbursements;
- Dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans available;
- Unlimited personal time for full time employees in good standing;
- There will be no travel required
- WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to feel and handle; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com