The Bankruptcy Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of a portfolio of active bankruptcy
loans. This oversight includes monitoring of a portfolio of loans and the attorneys associated with the
loans. The specialist is tasked with ensuring that POCs are referred timely after BK filing and MFRs
are referred timely once a borrower default.
The Specialist will be responsible for all facets of the bankruptcy process including the following:
- Maintain current bankruptcy status as assigned within established policies and procedures.
- Record pertinent information in the loan servicing system and other applicable software to
maintain accurate and current records.
- Review and reconcile reports between loan servicing system and other applicable software to insure
timeliness and quality.
- Process payments
- Ability to review complete loan history
- Respond to attorneys, vendors and other department’s disputes/inquiries/complaints related to the
bankruptcy action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring bankruptcy activities are performed in accordance with investor,
insurer and/or government agency guidelines while adhering to established Key Performance
- Regular, consistent, and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Thorough file scrubs at boarding to ensure all data received from a prior servicer is accurate and
boarded to the system of record accurately.
- Work with Loss Mitigation to ensure attorney, debtor’s attorney and trustee is involved where
- Assist the litigation team on an adversary or litigation files
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Competency – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition
and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes
information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of
team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;
Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own
actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes
tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: 3-5 years previous experience in residential mortgage default servicing. In-depth
knowledge in bankruptcy – all Chapters preferred, adversary proceedings and non-performing collateral;
basic knowledge of foreclosure and collections is preferred. Peripheral knowledge of loss mitigation
and title curative are also desirable. College degree preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
including vendors and attorneys in a professional manner. Strong problem-solving ability, data
collection, analysis, and presentation experience. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
BENEFITS & WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- IRCAA Medical Reimbursements
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance plans available
- Unlimited personal time for full time employees in good standing
- There will be no travel required
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit;
use hands to feel and handle; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org