The Cash Room Specialist will be responsible for processing borrower payments, liquidations, mail processing review. Must also perform all duties in accordance with all company guidelines and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Processing high volumes of transactions daily to borrower accounts via multiple payment mediums including lockbox, check, wires, web pay and/or Western Union daily with a high level of accuracy.
- Process liquidations via multiple payment mediums including certified check and wires.
- Process return items that are received from the bank.
- Assist in daily remittance and account reconciliation discrepancies, report issues and escalate as needed, assist with internal and external audits.
- Manage, communicate and report to government assistance programs.
- Ensure that new guidelines or rules are met and documented accordingly.
- Unapplied balance reviews completed on a regular basis, with deadline emphasis.
- Disbursement of balances to investor or borrower post liquidation.
- Ensure compliance with banking policies, lending practices, and regulatory statutes.
- Must be available and able to work longer hours on the last day of the month and mid month, work hours may include weekends and late evenings dependant on business need.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School diploma or GED required; or 1 year of data entry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications needed
Experience: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ·Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and requests clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Servicing Director, preferred but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
Work can include longer hours and weekends dependant on the volume of work that must be completed monthly at manager’s request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com