The Investor Accounting Reconciliation Team Lead will be responsible for a team of specialists ensuring the accuracy and completeness of required reconciling and researching reporting errors for private investors and FHLMC through the use of servicing system, database and reporting tools. Must be highly motivated and have the ability to multitask. Must also perform all duties in accordance with all company guidelines and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversees all Investor Reconciliation functions (Reconciling P&I, T&I and Collection Clearing)
- Conducts Reconciliation QC on all recons to clients and manages within strict client timelines
- Completes research and resolves exceptions/questions regarding reporting and reconciling errors
- Understands loan accounting process and research
- Acts as mentor to team members training and escalated items
- Communicates clearly with investors from a relationship management perspective on an as needed basis
- Plays an integral part in IT projects including project creation, UAT, and acceptance
- Tracks KPI for team monthly
- Responsible for candidate selection and hiring, performance monitoring, evaluations and disciplinary actions/terminations
- Tracks schedules, attendance and time off calendars
- Knowledgeable of audit deliverables for investor reporting and bank reconciliation
- Maintains industry knowledge of investor reporting practices
- Ad-hoc projects may be assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; or five years mortgage title experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications necessary.
- Experience: This individual will have extensive strategic and tactical leadership experience in the mortgage industry. Candidate must have a history of delivering exceptional results.
- customer Service – Respond to requests for service and assistance from internal and external customers and clients; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and requests clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Servicing Director experience preferred
- ICHRA medical reimbursement;
- Dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans available;
Unlimited personal time for full time employees in good standing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com