Statebridge is seeking a high performing individual who will be primarily responsible for the processing of payoffs and reinstatement figures, and reviewing loan documents. This individual must ensure the system is set up for the proper servicing of various loan products including, adjustable rate mortgages, home equity lines of credit, daily simple interest, and construction and commercial loans. This position handles a high volume of complex work on a daily basis and is involved in researching and identifying loan issues. A highly analytical and mathematically minded individual will do well in this position.
- Preparing and tracking of payoff and reinstatement requests and statements
- Auditing loan terms to ensure loans are being serviced in accordance with the promissory note and modification agreements
- Index Updates
- Calculating interest accruals and recreated payment histories on complex loan products
- Ensure compliance with company procedures, banking policies, lending best practices, and Federal and State statutes
- Sending borrower correspondence
- Work in payoff group mailbox and receive requests for payoffs
- Ensure all new guidelines or rules are met and documented accordingly
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or two years mortgage servicing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications needed
Experience: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Product Knowledge – Adjustable rate mortgage, home equity lines of credit as well as construction loan process
- Customer Service – Respond to requests for service and assistance from internal and external customers and clients
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and requests clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Various loan products including Residential, Commercial, Construction, ARM, HELOC, and DSI loan types.
- Be familiar with loan documents including Promissory Note, Deed of Trust, Modification Agreements, and Assumptions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Extremly organized and able to handle large quantities of work at a time
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org