The Claims Specialist is responsible for monthly default reporting and management of the claims process from claim filing through settlement for a portfolio of loans; including FHA, VA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans and loans with private mortgage insurance.
- Prepare and submit claim requests for reimbursement of advances/expenses for all FHA, VA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans and loans with private mortgage insurance.
- Reconcile corporate advances and escrow payments with loan transaction history
- Understand and review pay histories from previous servicers
- Review financial elements to determine items to be claimed.
- Collect required documents to perfect claims
- Work with internal and external partners to complete proper conveyance of FHA and VA properties
- Ensure that all claims are calculated and completed within FHA, VA, PMI, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, investor regulations and state laws
- Maintain accurate claims tracking reports
- Meet regularly with clients to provide claim status updates and perform post-claim audits
- Complete monthly default reporting within required time frames
- Other projects and responsibilities at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or two years mortgage servicing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications needed
Experience: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): N/A
- Good PC skills required, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must work well in a fast paced, volume driven environment
- Be self-motivated and work well with others
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Various loan products including Residential, Commercial, Construction, ARM, HELOC, and DSI loan types.
- Be familiar with loan documents including Promissory Note, Deed of Trust, Modification Agreements, and Assumptions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Extremely organized and able to handle large quantities of work at a time
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION
- There will be no travel required
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to feel and handle; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org