The Mortgage Servicing Specialist – Bilingual / Non – Bilingual is responsible for supporting business efforts through exceptional customer service and a continued focus on borrower satisfaction. The Customer Service Associate will be responsible for inbound and outbound calls regarding mortgage questions such as taxes, hazard insurance, escrow analyses, mortgage payments, principle curtailments, document copies, optional insurance, account balances, verifications of mortgage, year-end information, methods of payment and payoffs for advanced products and/or loans with advanced features such as Option ARMs, HELOCs, ARMs, Escrow, or other various aspects of mortgage servicing.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls regarding advanced product or feature loans.
- Excellent communication negotiation and writing skills
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to collections, including the F.D.C.P.A
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of policies and procedures via training classes, on-line policies / procedures, bulletins and departmental meetings for advanced products and/or loans with advanced features.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- Provide assistance with repayment plans and customize repayment solutions for borrowers.
- Maintain call center metrics month over month.
- Complete back office task as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): No certifications necessary.
- Experience with Conventional, HELOC, ARM, Escrow servicing is preferred
- Proficient personal computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office/Windows based applications.
- Previous mortgage banking and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Previous call center experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months previous Customer Service Experience
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and follow assignments to completion with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
- Ability to read/analyze/interpret legal, financial and real estate documents; respond to inquiries/complaints from customers/ internal departments
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to except feedback and make improvements as needed.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to solve problems.
- ICHRA medical reimbursement
- Dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans available;
- Unlimited personal time for full time employees in good standing
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Must have the ability to function and work well with others both within and across departments
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment. Accountability is key.
- Must have the ability to sit in a chair and perform office-related tasks
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Must be able to adapt and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent telephone skills and be able to communicate professionally with clients, vendors, prior servicers and others
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org