The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for supporting business efforts through exceptional customer service and a continued focus on borrower satisfaction. The Customer Service Associate will be responsible for inbound and outbound calls regarding mortgage questions such as taxes, hazard insurance, escrow analyses, mortgage payments, principle curtailments, document copies, optional insurance, account balances, verifications of mortgage, year-end information, methods of payment and payoffs for advanced products and/or loans with advanced features such as Option ARMs, HELOCs, ARMs, Escrow, or other various aspects of mortgage servicing.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Handle inbound and outbound calls regarding advanced product or feature loans.
- Excellent communication negotiation and writing skills
- Working knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to collections, including the F.D.C.P.A
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of policies and procedures via training classes, on-line policies / procedures, bulletins and departmental meetings for advanced products and/or loans with advanced features.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- Provide assistance with repayment plans and customize repayment solutions for borrowers.
- Maintain call center metrics month over month.
- Complete back office task as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Strong typing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to multitask and follow assignments to completion with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read/analyze/interpret legal, financial and real estate documents; respond to inquiries/complaints from customers/ internal departments
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to except feedback and make improvements as needed.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to solve problems.
Education and Experience
- Experience with Conventional, HELOC, ARM, Escrow servicing is preferred
- Proficient personal computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office/Windows based applications.
- Previous mortgage banking and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Previous call center experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months previous Customer Service Experience
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org